Sixty Five Years of History

Kern Glass & Aluminum Company has been in business for over 65 years and was incorporated in 1960. As the main glass supplier in Kern County they have had a long history of performance in the residential and commercial sectors.

Kern Glass & Aluminum Company has completed many major projects, both residential and commercial, private and public works in Kern, Tulare and Los Angeles Counties. For more information please click on our projects link.

Kern glass was founded in 1948. Gene Hulse and Ken De Sherlia bought the company in 1958. In 1960 Nick Heath joined the company and worked his way up the ladder of success being asked to partner with Ken at the retirement of Mr. Hulse. From 1968 to 1987 they worked together to grow the company to much of what it is today. In 1987 Mr. De Sherlia passed away leaving Nick Heath the sole owner.

In 1982 Brenda Heath was hired as the bookkeeper, then Office Manager and today serves as the Secretary/Treasurer, Controller.

A few years later, in 1993, Adam Cline began his journey into the glass world starting from the bottom and working his way up. Upon Nick’s retirement in 2010, Adam became the President of Kern Glass and Aluminum Company.

In 1994 another family member Brad Thessen joined the team at Kern Glass & Aluminum Company. He is now in charge of our Commercial Service Division.

"Together, as a family owned business, Kern Glass & Aluminum Company has managed to serve Kern County since 1948. We can and will continue to pride ourselves in the performance of our craftsmanship and values that have been handed down through the years."